Because I cannot wait for the letter from the Florida Certification Department…
I have spent a couple hours plucking away at these keys beneath my fingers!
I think that I will have to drive to Pittsburg and take a test in which I can demonstrate my mastery of Subject Area Knowledge (K-6). After I have done this I believe that I will qualify for the Official Statement of Status of Eligibility. It is $110.00 and a four and half hour trip but I think it will be well worth it. I thought that my teacher preparation courses would have fullfilled this requirement. However, I have a feeling that is not the case and this is why I was deemed not eligible.
I am a fighter and no matter what I will not let anything keep me from getting this certificate! I have my children to think of. Not only do I need to be a teacher for financial reasons and time off during the summer (hense no daycare costs and more Mommy time), but I am a rolemodel for my kids. If they see that I am willing and able to do whatever it takes to realize my dreams then they will see that they can do the same.
Hopefully, Monday, the letter comes in the mail and then I can start planning battle tactics!
I still miss France like crazy. Yet, I think it is worth hanging in a while longer before I throw in the towel. After all, we have only been back for about four months. It will take time to readjust to our life in America again. Plus, it is not easy to live with others.
I have heard good and bad things about Florida. Mostly, people complain about life in Florida if they lived in Orlando. Orlando’s traffic is terrible and it is expensive to live there.
We are looking around Daytona Beach or Tampa.
No matter where we live I, simply, want our family to be happy.