I logged into the Florida certification website last night after work like I have each and every day for the past month. I have been anxiously waiting for an update to my application stating I am eligible to teach in Florida. I could then get hired by a school and afterwards I would have to get a temporiary teaching certificate.
After I logged in with my user name and password, I clicked the link for the status of my application expecting to see “awaiting review” as I have since October 22.
I didn’t. I saw “not eligible.”
I sat in disbelief. I have a four year degree and I have a alternate teaching certificate from the McGregor School of Antioch. I thought that I had met the basic qualifications to at least be hired and within two years complete additional course work. I am going to try and call Monday after I get off work. My mind and heart are going to race until then.
If I really cannot teach in Florida then I will look into taking classes in Ohio to get recertified here. I pray that I can.
If not I don’t know what I will do. There is a pre-school that may hire me next year making 9 dollars an hour. That is not much money and the school closes in summer.
Honestly, I am at a point where I can only wait to see the things that are open to me and Vilay. Once we know more then we can make a decision.
To say the least I am stunned for the moment.
Whatever we decide we will not stay in Ohio more than another year. This I am sure of!
Oh, and if anyone reading this would like to hire an intelligent hardworking American woman to work in France…email me!